Tuesday, April 14, 2009

MY LIFE WILL COUNT

As easter comes to an end and life kind of returns to 'normal' several things, specifically one, continues to re-echo in the depth of my being......My life will count!

Of all the awesome reflections of easter the most outstanding piece for me is the story of one life that counted;Jesus' one life that was offered up for all.No wonder we celebrate easter.

Life has a routine......almost like a default setting

We are born.....
We go to school.......
We find a job......
We get married (perhaps)
We try this and that before we retire and finally....
We die.....

I have chosen to reset this default setting.I desire for my life to count.Jesus' one life did and today from generations past many lives have and continue to benefit from his one life.

If my life were a debit card with a million dollars to be spent,I would want God to spend it to the last penny.

In Luke 9:24 Jesus says,"For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it."

May we lose our lives for Him and in so doing may our one life count for Him.

SP Onaba